Canada Needs Truckers Now! Long haul driving in Canada
LONG HAUL TRUCKING IN CANADA!
Thinking about it? Thought About? Considered it? Mulled it over……
Want to do it!….Yes??!
Can you make it to any of the following for an interview: Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham or London? If so, employers from Alberta, Canada are coming to the UK between the 9th and 13th of May and they want to meet truckers with the right experience to work in Canada. If you answered YES, then read on and see if you have what it takes to come trucking over here.
Mainly due to the baby boomers who are retiring combined with a shortage of new people choosing driving as a career, Canada is experiencing a shortage of professional drivers. So if you have the following minimum requirements,
- You must be a minimum of 25 years old
- You must have good English language skills
- Your driver’s licence must show accident-free experience for the last 5 years (HGV & automobile)
- You must attest to being drug and alcohol free (not including leisure drinking)
- You must have a clean police record for the last 5 years (not including speeding offences)
If you meet these basic requirements, please read the following main duties of Canadian truck drivers. You must have performed some or all of these duties:
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles to transport goods and material to destinations.
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer.
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using citizens’ band (CB) radio, cellular
If after reading the above and you have what it takes, then do the following.
1) Download & Complete all parts of this Form (ignore payment part, its free!)
2) Email them back to us ASAP on
3) Have a free phone consultation with us.
4) Go meet the employers!
Simple right? So do the above now, and we will talk soon!