Temporary Work Permits for Canada - Brazolot Migration Group

Temporary Work Permits

Every year, over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages, where they have been unable to recruit suitably qualified Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.

For the majority of jobs, foreign workers must obtain a temporary work permit before they can relocate to Canada. In order to apply for a temporary work permit, applicants must have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer, and the employer must have received approval to recruit a foreign worker.

The Canadian employer must apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) through their local Service Canada office to ensure that the offer of employment meets a number of conditions set out by the Canadian government. Service Canada must confirm that the position will be of benefit to the Canadian labour market and will not be a threat to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident’s employment opportunities.

Once a positive LMIA has been issued by Service Canada, the applicant must submit an application for a temporary work permit before the LMIA expiry date.

Please note, B.M.G. not only assists applicants to apply for their temporary work permits but also works with employers in order to secure the necessary approval to recruit a foreign worker.

A temporary work permit is issued for a limited period of time and on the condition that the applicant works for a specific employer. The work permit is not transferable and if the work permit holder wishes to change employers in Canada they will need to obtain a new temporary work permit linked to their new employer.

Open work permits can be issued to spouses or common law partners of holders of valid work permits, providing that the applicant’s work permit is valid for at least six months and the employment is considered to be skilled employment. Children aged between 6-18 are eligible to apply for study permits to allow them to attend primary or secondary school in Canada, while children under the age of 6. ** There are some exceptions to this, please contact B.M.G. for further information. **

The processing times for temporary work permits can vary depending upon the type of employment you wish to undertake in Canada and where your application for a temporary work permit is submitted.

Occupations which are currently in demand include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Long Haul Truck Drivers
  • Mechanics
  • CNC Machinists
  • Early Childhood Educators

It is often possible for temporary work permit holders to apply for permanent residency status whilst in Canada working. For example, opportunities for permanent residency applications may be available under the Federal Skilled Worker category, Provincial Nominee Programs or the Canadian Experience Class.

For further information concerning the Temporary Work Permits please e-mail us at info@brazolotgroup.com or complete our Evaluation Worksheet.

Website provided by ICBIG.com | Copyright Claims